Thursday, March 12, 2015

Week 4 & (almost) 5

    So, this has been an interesting week, not my best week, I admit.  The start of this week was with Dr appointments and an ER trip, I'm fine, no worries, but I did get a lovely IV.
    After that was Induction! That was great! There was a misunderstanding so I almost missed out, but I'm very thankful it worked out.

Trying to think now what else has happened...
Oh! Yes! So we got more snow, kinda icy snow.  But it was really pretty!  I brought winter with me here! :D To many's excitement and others' dismay!

We also did an assignment where we went to a part of the town and looked for things that would be beneficiary or contrary.  It was a very pretty area!  It still had flaws, like trees that could collapse, power lines, etc.  Then we went to other areas in town where there was more poverty.  Both the "rich part" of town and the "poverty" parts of town had good and bad.








And below is a picture of the entire Corps.  FEMA and Traditional.  If you look on the right two rows back, the tall guy wearing the red shirt, I'm right behind him to the left! :D Between him and the blond-haired guy.
 




Now on to week 5!  It's only Thursday, but oh well!  So Sunday, the lovely lady who has been driving me to church every week invited me to go to her house to eat tacos and play games with a bunch of college students and youth!  It was amazing to be around a bunch of Christians in a Christian home!  I miss being in a Christian home so much!

This week we have been doing our FEMA training, our specific training.  So for me I'm doing Logistics.  In case I haven't previously explained Logistics:  If there is a disaster I am the first one on site to help set up the shelters, get the resources in, organize all of that.  Which for me is very exciting!!

This weekend I am doing an ISP (basically volunteer work) cleaning in LOUISIANA! Pictures to come!  Besides that we haven't had much go on... Besides having the FEMA Corps from Denver here training with us. :) They're pretty nice!!

More to come soon, hopefully!


MORE PICS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment