Thursday, April 2, 2015

Week 7

It's almost been two months since I've gotten here!! It's definintly been an interesting time.  This week has mostly been work.  I was moved from Lessons Learned, (where we take in the complaints basically and try to come up with ideas to improve FEMA) to Training where I train people on how to do things.  We've been working on training people on how to use Microsoft Lync, we've even made Job Aids! :D  It's been nice to get things done and have an actual schedule for once.

I don't have much to say, or pictures to show.  My team leader, a team mate, and I got to go volunteer at HELP Humane, an animal shelter not too far away.  That was really fun and exciting!! We had a great time! For years I have wanted to volunteer at an animal shelter, so being given these oppertunities are great! There are mostly cats.  It's a no-kill shelter, so there are a lot of highly abused animals, a lot of animals that "no one would want" type situation.  So because of that all of the workers and volunteers give the animals extra love and care!  There were about four or five dogs, two of which did not want to have anything to do with us.  One didn't like men...and we happen to show up in hoodies and cargo pants.  After a while he let me start petting him and my teammates stared suprisingly at the dog whom was letting me love on him.  Another dog kept trying to bite whenever we tried to get the leash on, but I managed to get it on and get him to like me, so that was a lot of fun!  I'm really hoping this will open doors for me for college...

Speaking of which, I am currently trying to find a way to job shadow at the Kansas City Zoo!  And perhaps even a vet and marine biologist? We will see! Prayers appreciated!

That's about all! Here are some pictures!  I will try to post again next week!
The dog who doesn't like collars(Waffles). A pug who is blind a deaf.

A paralized cat named Popsicle. A cat who had been very abused and was kept in a seperate room for rehabilitation.
One of the cats in the "diet room".

No comments:

Post a Comment