Friday, July 7, 2017

Self Love / Self Hate

Instructions to your portrait artist



I want to be a painting, like Bob Ross would paint
So start with the background
Paint the ocean, with roaring waves so detailed that you can nearly hear it
The ocean reflects where I am most at peace, so let that be where I sit
Put “happy little clouds, wherever you want ‘em”
Paint a sunset of many colors, red, orange, purple and blue
A reflection of my passions for adventure and to serve others

Have me sit on a large, smooth rock, overlooking what I call a perfect view
Let my newly cut brown hair be blown around by the wind
Shoulder-length with layers and framing
Hazel eyes that shine with youth and the yearning for a life worth living
Dimples that my mother says only show when I am truly joyful
Have my face tilted upwards with an expression of my curiosity and wonder of the world

Now comes the negatives
The insecurities that I cannot hide
Give me arms that I wish were smaller
Legs that stay wrinkled no matter how much time is spent at the gym
A stomach that won’t conform to the size I want no matter what the diet
I won’t mention the rest of my body, things I wish I could change but can’t

Have me wear a dress
Comfortable, but presentable
Classy, yet modest
Preferably a forties dress
Something to cover the insecurities
Don’t give me shoes, I’m at the beach, not a dance
Place a book in my hands
I love to read in the most beautiful of places

No comments:

Post a Comment