Saturday, April 23, 2016

The Journey of Being Saved by Grace

Hey everyone!  As I've stated before, I really want to start blogging again and put more focus into it.  I have a few of reasons for this;  The first reason being that I love writing and I haven't been able to do it much lately, and through texting and short messages, I worry about my grammar downgrading, so through this I can keep up with my writing "skills" just a small bit.  The second reason is that God has done a lot in my life lately, and I want to be able to share how great our God is.  I don't expect many to read, but anyone who does and is impacted in some small way by what God is teaching me will make it well worth these posts.  A third reason is that through writing these posts, I am able to study on the things I have learned about God and I'm able to get a lot more out of it and really learn these things through sharing it.

In this post, I mainly want to discuss the spiritual journey God has led me through.  I will start from the very beginning: When God saved me at 12.

When I was 12, I began to go through rebellious phases.  Now, rebellious phases for me have never been anything terribly big.  At that age, it just consisted mostly of a negative mindset, listening to very worldly music, among other sins.  Right when it was beginning to sink deeper, I remember some bad things going on, and where I would usually want to go sin, I wanted God, not something I had ever wanted before.  I remember praying to Him and begging Him to forgive me of my sins.  Not a super duper amazing story, or anything like that, but God saved me from a lot then, His timing, as always, was and is perfect!  If He hadn't saved me then, I would have fallen down a very dark path and I probably would not be here today.  

Through my walk with God, I have always struggled, like everyone else, but for me, I always struggled to really feel the need for God.  Whenever things went wrong, I always became angry with God instead of clinging to Him, when things were good was the only time I would really pay God any attention.  Praying was always a struggle for me as well up until recently.  

As I got older, I began to want God more and more, and mostly, I wanted to serve Him.  I still struggled a ton with an actual relationship with God, but I did want to make Him happy and serve him, which led to my year with AmeriCorps.  I wanted to serve, but didn't have the money for a missions trip, then I found AmeriCorps and knew it could also help with my future.  

The first 2 rounds of AmeriCorps, I, on and off, was roughly sticking with God and honoring Him as well as I thought I could, even though there weren't many Christians around me.  I had the mindset, at least, that I was serving for God.  I attended churches in every city I went in and got a lot out of it.  My campus city, Vicksburg, MS, was the main church that helped support me through my time in AmeriCorps.  

When I reached my last round, Satan attacked me, and he attacked hard.  I fell far from God and did a lot of wrong.  By the end of it though, I won the battle, thanks to God.  Looking at it now, God tried so hard to get me to listen to Him, but I just wouldn't and it breaks my heart.

That leads to the present time, I suppose.  After graduating the program, I struggled a lot with God and was just very angry and depressed spiritually.  That's when God changed everything for me.  It started small.  I started to try and listen to sermons a couple of times a week, my heart and mind was focusing on God more, and then He began teaching me Himself.  I began to want to tithe and that led to a whole lesson on tithing and the importance of it.  Next, He had me learn about the armor of God and the importance of it and began showing me just what all is there for me that I just have to reach out and grab.  After that, he taught me prayer in a whole new way that I never knew. Then, an idea started to form as to why God was teaching me all of this.  God doesn't do things without a reason. Yes, these are important things to know, but God has to be glorified, so I wanted to know how to glorify Him.

That led me to the idea of mission work.  I have a goal now to get into mission work, and maybe through that I'll even meet the man God has picked out for me.  I also knew that in the mean time, God can be glorified through the sharing of His amazingness, which led me here as well.

In future posts, I plan to post different things on my beliefs and what God has taught me.  I also plan to post some fun things too, such as just life things, fun moments, recipes, etc.  

I hope you all enjoyed this post, please give it a like and follow! ♥



For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a
future.
 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment