Saturday, May 21, 2016

The Importance of Kindness

  So I'm a week late with my post, I've been working on it throughout the week but things have been crazy! I moved positions at my job and I will now be a full time receptionist, the original job I had wanted! Woohoo!! Which leads into my blog topic:

 Kindness has become a big thing to me.  Everywhere I go, I try my best to carry it around with me. To me, kindness is the best way to evangelize and to shine God's light.  I also think that kindness reflects Christ.  Kindness is the greatest gift you can gift to a stranger; and it's a simple as you want it to be! It can be as simple as holding a door open for someone or as complex as starting a charity.

 At work, I try to be as kind as I can be to everyone-Even if they are rude.  Honestly, for me, I see it go 2 ways with rude people.  If you continue to be kind despite their attitude, often they lighten up and start to be friendlier towards you.  That, or often they just get angrier, which honestly kinda feels good to me in a terrible way.  It feels sort of triumphant, like they didn't win at bringing you down to their level and negativity.

 Another thing about kindness is that it honestly creates positivity within yourself.  When you're kind to everyone all day long, it really does do something inside you.   I can't fully explain it, but something about being kind, caring for others, and treating them like you would want to be treated, is highly satisfying to me.  It makes me feel happy when I can make someone's day just a small bit better.  Often the people who come across rude are actually just having a bad day, and maybe an act of kindness can make a big difference.

 So that covers the acting kind part, now let's talk about doing kind things. Honestly, you can get so creative with being kind.  You can do anything from bringing cookies to some co-workers, helping with a task, or anything.  When I was younger I really thought I couldn't serve or volunteer in any way.  Now that I am older, I've realized that that's not true! You can do anything to help other people- it doesn't have to just be volunteering, though that is great too!

 With volunteer work, there are a ton of opportunities out there o meet what you specifically like to do! Do you like animals? Volunteer at a pet shelter! Do you like the elderly or caring for others? Nursing homes and hospice centers are great places to go! There are also churches, Red Cross, Salvation Army, local places, the world is open to ya! Are you interested in something more long term? Try going for AmeriCorps or the Peace Corps!

 As for easy kind deeds; hold a door open for someone, help someone you see trying to reach something or has dropped something, help someone carry things, anything of the sort!

Now, being kind isn't always easy, don't get me wrong.  When you're not feeling well or having a rough time, being kind can be really hard and often very tiring, but it really does make a big difference in your life and others! You can't always be kind, you'll mess up, but trying a bit more can really make an impact!

Kindness really can make a huge difference in your life and other's lives! More so than you can ever know! And God really does love it too! Let me leave you with this:

Then the King will say to those on His right hand, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: 35 for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in; 36 was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.’
37 “Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink? 38 When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You? 39 Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ 40 And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’  Matthew 25:34-40

kind·ness
ˈkīn(d)nəs/
noun
  1. the quality of being friendly, generous, and considerate.
    synonyms:kindliness, kindheartedness, warmheartedness, affectionwarmth,
     gentleness, concern,care



No comments:

Post a Comment